Gahanna Herb Group
The Gahanna Herb Group is a 5-month program that focuses on herbs and their uses. Each month students will study in depth one herb as well as learn hands-on techniques from the culinary, wellness, and craft areas. Herbs will be looked at from botanical, historical, folkloric, wellness, and energetic points of view. This cooperative learning environment will also have membership to online web group featuring reference sources, educational videos, informative guides, and access to Herb Center staff. This learning group is for individuals who would like to dedicate time to earn a deeper understanding of all things herbal.
Open for registration, limited spots available
From January to May, students will
• Create in-depth profiles of five individual herbs (one herb monthly)
• Learn the botany of an herb and how each part is used
• Discover the culinary and wellness properties
• The rich history in folklore and historical traditions
• Reliable sourcing of plants, materials, and growing techniques
• Plan your own themed herb garden
• Become familiar with how to grow and incorporate these herbs into your own yard or garden
• Practices for collecting, wild-crafting, and harvesting
• Discover a myriad of techniques that process and preserve herbs including: Decoctions, Infusions, Blending, Salves, Syrups, Poultices, Compresses, Vinegars, Teas, Oils and Scrubs
• Online access to reference materials including, videos, book and audio resources, web links for reference and research and recipes and instructions that can help increase your confidence and creativity using herbs.
• Small group professional instruction from the Ohio Herb Education Center Staff
• Exclusive online herbal group access
• Take home curriculum activities and tools
• Portion of the fresh or dried herb to be studied for the month
• Special occasion off site learning sessions & guest instructors
• Ohio Herb Education Center Binder for organization of class materials
• 10% Discount on all gift shop items
• Additional discounts on Ohio Herb Education Center classes
•Tuesdays, January 14, February 11, March 11, April 8, May 13
• 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• $140.00-Standard Rate/$120.00-Gahanna Resident Discount rate
• $25.00-Standard Rate/$20.00 -Gahanna Resident Discount rate; single opportunity to drop-in on a session
Additional activity supplies are not included in the cost of this program.
For more information or to register, please contact 614.342.4380 or 614.342.4250.