hamilton rd central - st 785
The City of Gahanna, in partnership with the Franklin County Engineer's Office, began planning this project back in 1996. The project will help enhance roadway capacity with the widening of N Hamilton Rd between Carpenter Rd and US-62. The roadway will be increased from its current status of one lane in each direction to two lanes in each direction with a center turn lane. In addition, the project will reduce traffic congestion with the addition of two roundabouts at the Clark State Rd intersection and at the Northeast School. To improve connectivity between the northern and southern portions of the city, a 10 foot wide multi-use path will be constructed on the west side of the roadway and a new sidewalk will be constructed on the east side of the roadway.
The construction on Hamilton Rd began on June 22, 2015. The project will span three construction seasons, wrapping up in the Fall of 2017, weather permitting. Work will include the relocation of utilities, installation of new water mains, installation of temporary pavement, relocating the traffic signal at Hamilton Rd and Clark State Rd, and the replacement of the bridge over Sycamore Run. This work will carry over through this Winter and the Spring of 2016. The remainder of the project will occur during the Summer of 2016 through the Fall of 2017.
For more information or questions regarding this project contact the City of Gahanna Service Department at 614.342.4005 or the Franklin County Engineer's Office at 614.525.3030.
Status (as of September 2016)
On the Horizon
- To date, a little more than 50% of the paving has been completed as well as storm and water installations.
- Construction of portions of the northern and southern roundabouts have been completed.
- Portions of the new sidewalk on the east side of Hamilton have been completed.
- To complete the water and storm sewer lines over the next several weeks.
- Begin paving operations on Hamilton Rd.
- Looking to construct the relocation of Carpenter Rd in the next several weeks, which may result in a closure for several days on Carpenter Rd. Information will be updated via our website and social media.
- Project is currently on track with a targeted completion date of November 2017.
The Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) Attributable Federal Highway Grant will provide $2,024,000 in right-of-way and $11,557,920 in construction. The City and County will share equally in the cost of construction.
Design / Environmental Cost:
$924,071 (ms Consultants Inc)
Estimated Right-of-Way and Utility Relocation Cost:
Estimated Construction Cost:
$12,116,996 (Shelly and Sands)
AERIAL VIEW RENDERINGS
Full Scope of Project:
Northern Roundabout at the Northeast School:
Southern Roundabout at Clark State Rd:
STREET VIEW RENDERINGS (NORTHERN ROUNDABOUT AT THE NORTHEAST SCHOOL)
On Hamilton at the Northeast School Looking North:
On Hamilton at the Northeast School Looking South:
STREET VIEW RENDERINGS (SOUTHERN ROUNDABOUT AT CLARK STATE RD)
On Hamilton at Clark State Looking North:
On Hamilton at Clark State Looking South:
On Clark State at Hamilton Looking West:
PROPOSED PEDESTRIAN SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS