The Gahanna Department of Parks & Recreation maintains park shelters available for public rental at Friendship, Hannah, and Woodside Green Parks. Shelters are also available at Hunters Ridge Pool and Gahanna Swimming Pool. Indoor space is available at the Clubhouse at the Gahanna Municipal Golf Course, the parlor at the Ohio Herb Education Center, and the Senior Center. Please contact us if you are interested in renting the Rotary Stage on the back, upper plaza area at Creekside Plaza overlooking the Big Walnut Creek.
- Call Parks & Recreation at 614-342-4250 to check availability.
- Complete a reservation form. Forms are available at the Parks & Recreation office or below:
- Pay the reservation fee. Accepted forms of payment include check, cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express credit cards;
- Provide a separate $100 security deposit by check or credit hold.
- In order to receive the resident discount rate – the resident must complete and sign the reservation form and payment/deposit must be from the resident’s account.
- In order to receive the non-profit rate, the organization must do the following – provide current proof of non-profit status (State Certificate), the event must be for the non-profits use and payment must be from the non-profit’s account.
Are you a Resident?
In order to receive the resident discount rate, you must live within the Gahanna City limits and/or pay Gahanna Income Tax. Even if you have a Gahanna mailing address and/or live within the Gahanna-Jefferson School District, you MAY NOT be a qualifying resident of the City of Gahanna. A full-time employee (spouse or child) of a business located within the City of Gahanna must provide proof of employment on company letterhead (with Gahanna address) signed by the personnel director or president of the company, or a copy of a current pay stub. Employment is verified annually.
Shelter rental rates are seasonal; (Prime season) April-October and (off-season) November-March.
Prime Season: April to October – Saturday, Sunday & Holiday rates
|Rental Times||Gahanna Non-Profit & Resident||Standard|
|10 am – 2 pm / 4 pm – 8 pm||$30||$30|
|10 am – 2 pm / 4 pm – 8 pm||$60||$80|
|10 am – 2 pm / 4 pm – 8 pm||$80||$100|
|10 am – 2 pm / 4 pm – 8 pm||$140||$180|
April to October: Mon – Fri only rates. November to March: Everyday day rates
|Gahanna Non-Profit & Resident||Standard|
*From June to August, these facilities are available weekdays from 7 pm – dark due to camp programs.
- Shelters and Clubhouse are rented on a first-come, first serve basis. Payment, deposit and reservation form is required in order to reserve the facility or shelter.
- The Golf Course Clubhouse is air conditioned and heated.
- Rentals require a $100 refundable deposit by check or credit hold at the time of payment. The deposit check will be returned after the facility has been checked for damage. Checks are available for pick up after noon on the first business day after the rental. Separate deposit checks are required for each rental.
- Facilities and shelters are available for rent one calendar year in advance. For example, if you are interested in renting a facility for July 30 of next year, you may do so on July 30 of this year. Payment and deposit must accompany paperwork at the time of rental.
- Special consideration may be given for non-profit, youth sports leagues and Gahanna Jefferson school district rates. Please contact the Department of Parks & Recreation office at 614-342-4250.
- To rent a facility: Reservation forms are available at the Department of Parks & Recreation office or by downloading the reservation form on this page. Please call 614-342-4250 to check for availability.
- Alcohol is only permitted in the Clubhouse, Senior Center and Hannah Park Shelter with a special alcohol permit purchased through the Dept. of Parks & Recreation.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited in all other park shelters and facilities
- Smoking is prohibited in all shelters and the Clubhouse.
- Reservations are not complete until payment and forms are processed. Please call the Parks & Recreation office at 614-342-4250 to check for availability.
- Reservations cancelled more than 30 days in advance of the registration date will receive a refund, less at $10 administrative fee;
- Cancellations 14-29 days in advance will receive a 50% refund;
- Cancellations less than 13 days receive no refund.
- Changes or rescheduled reservations are subject to a $10 administrative fee.