• If you are retired, collecting social security, unemployed, on active duty or disability, your tax exempt status will NOT
• If you do not work in Gahanna, YOUR TAXES MAY NOT INCREASE
if the issue passes.
• More than 70% of Gahanna's income tax comes from all people WHO WORK IN GAHANNA
• Approximately 56% of Gahanna residents will see their income taxes DECREASE or STAY THE SAME
due to the change in credit.
• If you LIVE AND WORK
in the City of Gahanna, you will see a 1% increase in your tax rate if the issue passes. Click here
on the Income Tax Calculator to determine how your take home pay will be impacted.
If it Passes...
• The City will restore sustainable service levels to the community such as street repair and maintenance, parks maintenance and community events.
• Passage of this issue will maintain and protect current service levels of police protection, snow removal, recreational programs and investment for job growth and attraction.
• The City will make investments in our community such as building new roads, completing our trail system, and replacing the Gahanna Swimming Pool.
If it Fails...
• Reductions will be made in all areas of service including police, parks maintenance, recreational programs, street maintenance and economic development efforts.
• The City will have to close public facilities including the Gahanna Senior Center, Ohio Herb Education Center and the Gahanna Swimming Pool.
• The City will delay investing in priority capital improvement projects such as building new roads, completing the trail system and replacing the swimming pool.
to view the list of proposed reductions.
to view the list of Parks & Recreations projected cuts and reductions.
Your Income Tax Reform Resources