Whether you are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube, you can join the conversation about the City of Gahanna and our community. Below are a few guidelines to be mindful of when posting on the City’s social media platforms:
In order to maintain a respectful interaction on the City’s social media platforms, we encourage all content to:
- Stay Focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the social media platforms maintained by the City of Gahanna.
- Be Respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive language is prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful manner is also prohibited on the City’s social media platforms.
- Tell the truth. Purposefully providing false information, or the intent to mislead fans/followers is prohibited. If you have questions about information, please contact the appropriate City department or the Mayor’s office directly to get the facts before posting incorrect or misleading information on the City’s social media platforms.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content advertising or promoting services or products on the City’s social media platforms is prohibited and is subject to removal.
Content posted may be subject to deletion if it contains:
- Partisan political views or views of a political organization.
- Commercial endorsements.
- Discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, threatening, inflammatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content.
- Content that advocates illegal activity.
- Content that infringes on copyright or trademarks.
- Personally identifiable medical information.
Explanation of deletion may be provided.
We reserve the right to block or delete offenders of this policy.
Please note that the content posted by fans/followers on our social media platforms does not reflect the opinions or position of the City of Gahanna or its employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of any of our moderated social media platforms, please email email@example.com