Parks & Recreation Board (Seat 1, Term 1/1/2023 through 12/31/2025)
Appointing Authority: City Council
Deadline: October 17, 2022, at 5 p.m.
Description: The Parks & Recreation Board shall have the power to set and establish charges and fees except as otherwise provided herein; and it shall be its duty to make recommendations to the Mayor on equipping, operating, directing and maintaining all the recreational facilities, park facilities, and City recreational programs. The following powers and duties also are under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Board.
- To set the overall parks and recreation policy
- To recommend to the administration establishment of positions within the Department, including requests to the Civil Service Commission for establishment of classified positions as deemed necessary.
- To recommend to Council the adoption of and any changes to park rules.
- To set the Board’s rules of procedure.
- To make recommendations to the Planning Commission regarding the acceptance of park land or fees in lieu of land dedication.
- To review the budget as prepared by the Director before submittal to the Mayor.
- The Board shall serve as the appeals body for resolving disputes involving the allocation and use of City parks and recreation facilities and programs.
Board members are paid $100 per meeting and meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.
To apply, please submit application via https://onboard.gahanna.gov/apply or inquire through the Clerk of Council’s office at City Hall (614) 342-4091.
Certified by: Jeremy A. VanMeter, Clerk of Council